Mastering technical and socio-cultural challenges
Autonomous or human driving – let the driver decide. That’s our tangible vision of autonomous driving: the critical technology exists and is affordable. Integrating it into new vehicles is a highly complex development task and the key word is safety.
Safety implies that all systems can operate under all conditions, that they recognize their functioning and have been thoroughly tested and validated. At AKKA, we take the lead in this crucial piece of the autonomous driving picture.
Creating safety in driver assistance systems
On crowded highways or in hectic city traffic – intelligent distance alert and speed adaptation systems can enable us to reach our destination, comfortably and easily. Safety is a clear benefit from the use of driver assistance systems. Electronic distance measurement, lane departure warnings, electronic parking and emergency braking assistance, and support for active lane changes – new and optimized safety systems continuously aid in further improvement of traffic safety.
Combining driver assistance systems with their increasingly intelligent networks enable us to reach our overall target: safe and autonomous driving with a high level of driver and passenger comfort.
AKKA invests in technologies that are going to drive our future. Our know-how in embedded automotive systems, associated with telematics and ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) functions, allows us to support customers as they develop increasingly autonomous vehicles.
We work along the V cycle of development, with the possibility to transfer these skills to telematics /ADAS development and validation in combination with our testing facilities.
AKKA is the main partner for the development of ADAS, components and functions (current and next generation of radars, cameras and ultrasonic sensors, etc.). We ensure the full implementation of new functions into additional vehicle lines:
- From a single function of a single component to the complete adaptation of an E/E architecture
- Requirement engineering and specification
- Supplier management of Tier 1 for control unit and wiring harness
- For the niche market, we take over the Tier 1 role as a control units developer and supplier
- Validation on vehicle network tester or HIL
- Measurements of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) for vehicles and components
- System validation through the conducting of test maneuvers including result analysis and defect tracking
- Recommendation for system certification
Our location strategy allows us to support OEMs and Tier 1 in their vehicle autonomy development and application activities. Thanks to our wide-ranging competence in the development of autonomous functions, we have become experts in:
- front/back sensors
- laser scanners
- ultrasonic sensors
- image-processing systems
- Distance and collision warning systems
- Automatic emergency brake
- Intelligent cruise control
- Lane departure warning and prevention
- Lane keeping assist
- Lateral support for road departure
- Blind spot warning
- Lane change assist
- Cross traffic alert, Traffic sign recognition
- Automatic High Beam/Low Beam
- glare-free high beam