Objective & context
A company operating worldwide in rail transport markets has entrusted AKKA Technologies for defining a BIM protocol in order to meet the new supply requirements for consolidated and comprehensive digital model prescribed by the project managers within major abroad development projects of railway infrastructure.
AKKA defined and implemented the BIM protocol with the involvement of all of the different client’s systems:
- Power supply
- Deposit Equipment
- Rolling stock (only for a template and CG constraints)
- Ticketing & PSD (purchases)
Added value & customer benefits
The designed digital mock-up allows for a simple volumetric verification between systems in order to:
- Correlate volumetric composition with programmatic and regulatory requirements
- Define the main components intended to organize parts of work, by nature and function
- Realize business interfaces between systems and subsystems at a simple technical and cost level
- Adopt a referencing of geographical coordinates like Lambert or equivalent.