Objective & context
AKKA is working on a new innovative, ergonomic and patented steering wheel. It integrates multiple motors, a screen and an electronic card.
A physical prototype has been made for testing and it’s pluggable to a computer. Currently, it is integrated in a car simulator for evaluation.
AKKA worked on the mechatronic conception of the wheel with topological optimization, production of physical prototypes of the wheel, the integration in a first representative car simulator application with state of the art car simulators.
- Development and adaptation of the VR simulator (in progress)
- Integration of the prototype in this simulator (in progress)
- Development of Immersive version of the simulator (in progress)
Added value & customer benefits
This was developed thanks to our knowledge on:
- Unity (for first VR prototype, Unreal Engine for final version)
- Arduino (with screen, USB and serial connections to PC)
- CATIA / Hyperworks / Inspire