What is it?
Solution allowing visualization of hidden part of the environment thanks to a camera and a visualization device (mirror simulation, virtual hole on wall…).
Objective & context
Following the democratization of omnidirectional cameras AKKA began a research approach to work on functional evolution this technology can provide. In this scope AKKA has developed a virtual porthole for aircraft to introduce augmented reality to passenger through aircraft IFE system.
The Aims of this project are:
- To Allow access to panoramic video stream in user device (tablet, phone and computer),
- To Provide the best possible augmented reality experience,
- To Manage advanced interaction with user (like face tracking for perspective correction),
- To Enrich functional of aircraft live stream application (like introducing POI).
- Study of existing COTS solutions for video and virtual data display.
- Functional requirements definition.
- Display management system development.
- Definition and integration of user interactions with the best possible QOS,
- Integration of the project into our existing IFE demonstrator.
Visualization of hidden part of the environment thanks to an external camera and an internal screen can be extended to many situation like mirror simulation, virtual hole in wall…in many different sectors (automotiv, aeronatical, rail…).
Added value & customer benefits
Manage advanced interaction with user (like face tracking for perspective correction), allow access to video stream and virtual representation of the environment in a device.