AKKA brings its 25 years of flight physics expertise to all areas of flight physics: aerodynamics, flight dynamics, loads, aero-elasticity, mass properties and aircraft performance.
Aircraft Aerodynamics, Acoustics & Thermics
With expertise in aerodynamics and in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), AKKA is a reference partner concerning the aerodynamic design of aircraft, definition of aerodynamic data for performance, handling qualities and loads as well as in multi-physic analyses of air systems.
AKKA brings its support to all customers with end-to-end solutions in:
- External aerodynamics: shape design and propulsion integration, aerodynamic data for handling qualities, performance & loads
- Experimental aerodynamics: wind tunnel tests, engine test bench and flight tests
- Thermodynamics & thermal engineering: 1D modeling, coupling with 3D CFD, fluid and solid thermal engineering
- Computational Fluid Dynamics: external aerodynamics, internal aerodynamics, turbomachinery, aerothermal engineering
- Multiphysics Simulation: aerothermal engineering (CHT), aeroacoustics (CAA), Fluid-Structure Interaction (FSI), aeroelasticity
AKKA has considerable expertise in handling qualities analysis and flight mechanics models identification.
Based on 25 years experience in the simulation of the aircraft behavior, AKKA can support you with:
- structuring and identification of =light mechanics models (aerodynamics, engine, ground contact…)
- production of data packages for simulators
- flight tests and operational flight analysis
- stability and control assessment
- control surface sizing to respect the pre-defined flight domain
- hinge moments analysis
Loads & Aeroelastics
AkkA has developed a comprehensive capability to address aircraft loads, component loads and aeroelasticity on new programs or for modification upgrades.
AKKA’s experience deals with static, dynamic and fatigue loads, covering flight loads, gust, maneuvers, and ground loads.
AKKA also offers expertise in flutter and aeroelastics analyses, from model building to certification support and clearance.
Involved all along the aircraft life cycle, AKKA brings its expertise to aircraft performance modeling and studies. Our team is in charge of developing performance models used in the future project, certification and onboard (FMS) domain. Thanks to a strong culture of technical and process innovation, AKKA can initiate and lead high added-value projects for our customers (working with data analytics, SAFE and MBSE). AKKA is involved in aircraft development and certification for major aircraft manufacturers and works with airlines on FMS support and operational performance maintenance.
Weight & Balance
To address the preliminary phases of the design, AKKA has the capability to support OEMs in weight estimation (analyses and model development) at aircraft level and at component level for primary structures, secondary structures and systems.
AKKA also supports its customers in weight control processes in the development process:
- Calculation of distributed mass and inertia of components
- Study of aircraft stability during loading
- Production of weighing reports and balance diagrams
- Operational documentation