Operations — Consulting
Minimum level of experience required
5 to 10 years
United Kingdom, South West
Share this opportunity
Are you a qualified Hydro-Mechanical System Engineer, keen to develop a career in exciting and innovative projects within aerospace, space & defence domains? At AKKA UK we have incredible growth plans for the next 3 years in the UK are to grow from 200 to 1000 System and Software engineers by 2022. You could be part of this huge growth!
AKKA UK are seeking experienced Hydro-Mechanical System Engineers to work within our project teams. Building strong relationships with our customers and providing a high quality of engineering work. With successful support and delivery of ongoing projects and customers throughout the UK, further business development is creating the demand for a range of skillsets.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities
· Requirements management throughout the product life cycle (i.e. a global view of the V-Cycle, with experience in both validation and verification).
· Compilation of system configuration and / or compliance summary documentation, e.g. Configuration Index Documents (CIDs) or Declarations of Design and Performance (DDPs).
· Writing and justification of test plans, as well as the assessment of compliance (or otherwise) from test reports.
· Identification and communication of technical and project related risks , as well as proactively supporting risk management.
· On-boarding and training of others, including junior engineers.
Skills & Knowledge
· Background in hydro-mechanical systems and equipment, with a detailed understanding of the hydro-mechanical components and elements which comprise aircraft landing gear systems (i.e. Landing Gear Extension and Retraction Systems, Braking Control Systems, and Wheel Steering Control Systems).
· Detail-orientated with the ability to communicate with, co-ordinate, and satisfy multiple stakeholders.
· Technical management (and / or supporting the technical management) of sub-tier equipment suppliers.
· Experienced with root cause and / or failure investigations (e.g. FRACAS), as well as successfully driving these to closure.
· Requirements development (creation, cascading, validation, management / configuration), including tools such as DOORS.
· Knowledge of and / or experienced in effectively managing lessons learned, including proactively driving their transfer into future requirement sets.
Knowledge of and / or experience in (or with) the following is also considered desirable:
- Electro-mechanical and / or avionics systems and components.
- Landing gear system architectures and operating environments.
- Fluid power-related failures (e.g. seal leakage and resolution).
- Model-Based System Engineering, and / or how to effectively transfer to this environment from a Requirements-Based Systems Engineering environment.
AKKA UK was established in 2010 as the British subsidiary of the AKKA Group.
At AKKA, we believe that improving the employee experience goes together with improving the client experience. We believe that our employees are the driving force behind our success, innovations and technological ambitions. With nearly 200 employees on board in the UK, and more to join, a human approach typical to that of a family business is what we strive for. Together with our values of Courage, Ambition and Respect, this is the glue that makes us stick together.
At AKKA, you can make this happen!
At AKKA, you will be immersed in a culture of loyalty with people who are passionate out innovation and technology. You will get all the necessary tools and training to boost your skills and become a true professional. We will support you in challenging the status quo and in developing a creative innovative spirit.
28 Days holiday + Bank Holidays
Private Healthcare for yourself and Family
Flexi-time (Dependent on Customer and Project)
On-going Training courses