Operations — Engineering/production
Minimum level of experience required
3 to 5 years
United Kingdom, South West
Share this opportunity
Are you a qualified Systems or Software Engineer, keen to develop a career in exciting and innovative projects within aerospace, space & defence domains? At AKKA UK we have incredible growth plans for the next 3 years in the UK are to grow from 200 to 1000 System and Software engineers by 2022. You could be part of the huge growth!
We are looking for 2 engineers to join us on a testing rig for one of our aerospace customers.
Through the help of the rest of the AKKA Group and exploring new industry avenues we continue to grow our in-house engineering capability and are looking for systems engineers of all levels, interested in the opportunity to work for a consultancy across multiple sectors.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities
The Rigs Development and Maintenance Team within AKKA currently provide a number of services to our customers to keep all the rigs running and develop new functionalities when needed.
You will be responsible for:
- Rig Updates: TCL scripting is needed to update the configuration of the rig, Basic electrical knowledge and avionics needed to interact with stakeholders, Basic hardware equipment knowledge to update PCs and cards used within the rigs.
Tortoise SVN knowledge to track configuration changes.
- Tool Development: TCL scripting needed to understand and update different tools, C, C++, C# scripting needed to understand and updates different tools. Website development knowledge (PHP) needed to understand and update the landing gear test website.
- Rig Configuration Control: Tortoise SVN knowledge needed to track configuration changes.
- Reactive Support: Immediate availability at any time to support test engineers using the rigs.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Avionics engineer 3+ years
- System testing in avionics bench test
- Programming: C++
- Autonomous and curious (to try a lot before asking for help)
- Landing Gear experience (desirable)
- Aerospace experience
- Very good English writing and speaking
- Project management (technical planning)
- Good customer facing.
AKKA UK was established in 2010 as the British subsidiary of the AKKA Group.
At AKKA, we believe that improving the employee experience goes together with improving the client experience. We believe that our employees are the driving force behind our success, innovations and technological ambitions. With nearly 200 employees on board in the UK, and more to join, a human approach typical to that of a family business is what we strive for. Together with our values of Courage, Ambition and Respect, this is the glue that makes us stick together.
At AKKA, you can make this happen!
At AKKA, you will be immersed in a culture of loyalty with people who are passionate out innovation and technology. You will get all the necessary tools and training to boost your skills and become a true professional. We will support you in challenging the status quo and in developing a creative innovative spirit.
- 28 Days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Relocation Allowance
- Private Healthcare for yourself and Family
- Flexi-time (Dependent on Customer and Project)
- On-going Training courses