Operations — Engineering/production
Minimum level of education required
Minimum level of experience required
3 to 5 years
Pavia, Lombardia, Italy
Share this opportunity
AKKA is the European leader in engineering consulting and R&D services in the mobility segment. As an innovation accelerator for its clients, AKKA supports leading industry players in the automotive, aerospace, rail and life sciences sectors throughout the life cycle of their products with cutting edge digital technologies (AI, ADAS, IoT, Big Data, robotics, embedded computing, machine learning, etc.).
Founded in 1984, AKKA has a strong entrepreneurial culture and is pursuing its fast-paced growth and international development in line with its CLEAR 2022 strategic plan. With 21,000 employees, who are passionate about technology and dedicated to advancing the future of industry, the Group recorded revenues of €1.5 billion in 2018.
With the aim of strengthen our team we are looking for a:
Senior System and Embedded Software Engineer
You will be responsible to develop, debug and verify the firmware code needed for foreground and background optimization of the High Speed Serial Interface.
You will work closely with the Architecture team members to co-develop and implement startup-sequences, calibrations and real time background optimization in order to ensure that the overall link is running at the best of its own capabilities.
Job duties include:
• Co-development of algorithm and routines for startup, calibration and real time optimization. Specifically conceived for efficient implementation into a subsystem with limited resources.
• Low level Firmware writing, using high level language (such as C and C++) for easy portability across multiple uProcessor platforms.
• FirmWare debugging through bench checks of basic link behaviour/performance;
• Interact with Architecture and Lab teams to cross-check that results obtained through FW optimization correspond to system simulation and/or manual optimization;
• Work in the lab with the application team to ensure silicon test vehicles smooth bring-up and link performance optimization;
• Implement FW routines of link speed AutoNegotiation and Link Training according to the Ethernet standard (IEEE 802.3 clause 73 and 93 respectively).
• Document the implemented routines and support end-customers for their own usage.
• Improve and maintain the currently existing Graphic User Interface used to interact with FW, but also for manual optimization/setting of the overall link.
• BSc/MSc in Computer or Electrical Engineering with 5+/3+ years of experience in FW development for embedded systems preferably if related to PHYsical links optimization.
• Very good programming skills for small uProcessor architectures such as ARM (i.e. Cortex M3) and or Risc-V/OpenRisc architectures.
• Excellent familiarity with C/C++ programming;
• Very good knowledge of scripting languages such as phyton or equivalent;
• Knowledge of AutoNegotiation and Link Training protocols for Ethernet links(IEEE 802.3) is a plus.
• Lab or bench testing experience is very welcome, preferably if related to High Speed Interfaces.
o Basic capabilities to use real_time/sampling scopes, spectrum analysers and other common lab equipment.
• Good communication skills and teamwork attitude;
• Working knowledge of UNIX and Windows OS.
• Fluent Italian, Very good spoken and written English.
PaviaApply for job opening Apply in one click