Operations — Engineering/production
Minimum level of education required
Minimum level of experience required
5 to 10 years
Share this opportunity
Do you live and breathe DevOps? Do you like to ensure that software developers have a stable and state-of-the art development environment that supports Continuous Integration? Keep on reading for more information about this role of DevOps Engineer!
Who are we?
We are AKKA Technologies; an international engineering and digital consultancy company. For more than 30 years, the AKKA Technologies Group has been assisting the largest industrial players in all stages of their projects. We have more than 21.000 colleagues working in more than 25 countries worldwide.
At AKKA, we are driven by innovation and are passionate about technology. Like the two owners of the company, Mauro and Jean-Franck Ricci, both engineers, entrepreneurship is in our blood. We stay at the forefront of the digital and engineering world, and because of our expertise in various fields, we always keep innovating by hiring the most talented engineers.
Working as consultant offers you the opportunity to discover new sectors and technologies. This reflects our 3 values: ambition, courage and respect. Do you have the courage and ambition to challenge yourself? Join AKKA and we will guide you with tools and training to blossom your career!
As consultant you will work on various projects of clients in the High Tech. Currently we are looking for several DevOps Engineer to provide a state-of-the-art development environment. Consisting of both IT engineers and development engineers, the team combines the knowledge of internal IT infrastructure, development tools and modern development practices. The team has a high impact on the effectiveness and productivity of the 25 scrum teams of our client. Its goal is to continuously optimize the software development, releasing and deployment cycle. Activities range widely; development tooling configuration, setting up/enhancing Continuous Integration pipelines, maintenance, support and application life cycle management.
The development environment consists of, amongst others: Docker, Java, Gradle, Maven, git, Linux (RedHat), Jenkins, Sonarqube, Puppet, Splunk / Dynatrace, Python/Perl/Bash Atlassian tool suite; BitBucket, Jira, Bamboo, Confluence.
As a senior member of the team, you ensure that the developers have a stable and state-of-the art development environment that supports Continuous Integration. You participate in discussion with stakeholders to understand their issues and identify possible solution which you will bring back to the team (in agreement with the PO / SM) for further development.
In short you:
- actively participate in the team’s Agile/scrum activities (~50%)
- diagnose issues and fix them (~20-30%)
- pro-actively look for potential improvements and prepare them for evaluation by the team (~20-30%)
Who are you?
Do you recognize yourself in below profile? We would love to receive your application!
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer science or Software engineering
- You have experience in leading DevOps activities, preferably in a large development organization
- You have worked as a senior software developer in a Java development team
- You have worked in an Agile/scrum team
- You have worked in a CI/CD driven organization
- You have at least 5 years of relevant working experience
- You are fluent in English speaking and writing
- Always acting to make the team succeed
- Working from within the team to help bring the team to the next level of performance
- Result driven, “make it happen” attitude
- Accurate way of working, you ensure that what you do is documented and communicated
- A permanent contract for an indefinite period
- You will be supported and followed-up during your entire career at AKKA by your dedicated Business Manager and HR Officer, following our Career Road Map
- Flexible working hours (in consultation)
- Working from home due to COVID-19 and afterwards working on client site in combination with home working (in consultation)
- Commute allowance or company car
- Pension plan (fully paid by AKKA)
- Training and study options as part of the AKKA Knowledge HUB
- Growth opportunities (in the Netherlands and International)
- (Online) network/meetup options
- (Online) team activities
Are you ready to join AKKA? Apply now by clicking on the apply button! Want to make it more personal? Send your motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not ready to apply yet and want more information? Please contact our colleague in Talent Acquisition Michelle for more details. You can reach her by sending an email to email@example.com or call +316 53 57 63 44.
Please note: because of travel restrictions due to COVID-19, we currently focus our recruitment on candidates who already live in Europe. Work permits are not an issue.
You may be interested in these openings
Senior design engineer: Power & Analogue Electronics
OPERATIONS — ENGINEERING/PRODUCTION
Avenue Jules Bordet 168 1140 Bruxelles
OPERATIONS — ENGINEERING/PRODUCTION