Operations — Engineering/production
Minimum level of education required
Minimum level of experience required
3 to 5 years
Share this opportunity
Embedded systems are everywhere around us and to keep the development ongoing, we keep on hiring new colleagues! As FPGA Designer you will work on various projects of our client and you will be responsible for the design, implementation, test and documentation of the FPGA's, while leading a team of junior designers.
Who are we?
AKKA Netherlands is a subsidiary of the AKKA Technologies Group, an international engineering consultancy company founded in France in 1984 with more than 22 000 employees worldwide. In the Netherlands, our focus is on the Digital, High-Tech, Transport and Energy sectors.
At AKKA, we are driven by innovation and are passionate about technology. Like the two owners of the company, Mauro and Jean-Franck Ricci, both engineers, entrepreneurship is in our blood. We stay at the forefront of the digital and engineering world, and because of our expertise in various fields, we always keep innovating by hiring the most talented engineers.
Working as consultant also offers you the opportunity to discover new sectors and technologies. This reflects our 3 values: ambition, courage and respect. Do you have the courage and ambition to challenge yourself? Join AKKA and we will guide you with tools and training to blossom your career!
You will work for one of our clients in the Electronics Manufacturing Services. There is a huge diversity in projects: various sectors, small and bigger projects, 1 module or whole integration of services, team of 6 people or team of 15 people. We are looking for a Medior/Senior who can coach a team of juniors while keeping track of the project deliverables.
As an FPGA Designer you will be part of the Embedded Systems department, a group consisting of FPGA/VHDL Designers, Embedded Software Designers, Hardware Designers and PCB Designers. Together with your colleagues you work on electronics solutions, in which you are the FPGA expert, which you will develop and produce for and in consultation with your customers. From your professional adult role you are able to manage juniors in addition to your own work and teach them the tricks of the job.
Your tasks also include:
- drawing up concept solutions, budgeting work for quotation
- drawing up specifications and reviewing these with the customer
- independently design, implement, test and document a design
- having access to the most recent knowledge in their own field of expertise FPGA/VHDL and updating this further where necessary
- being and remaining aware of development tools and practices
- working with and according to (internal) coding standards
- participating in project teams: internal/external system architect, HW and SW Designers
- assisting with the production of the developed products completion of assigned work in accordance with the schedule
- managing and supervising junior FPGA designers
Do you recognize yourself in below profile? We would love to receive your application:
In this role it is important to have good communication and social skills. You know how to maintain good contacts with your colleagues, suppliers and customers and you know what is going on with the various parties. In order to get things clear, you are able to listen carefully and by asking questions you have the right information at your disposal.
You have a broad interest and experience in the technology of both firmware but also hardware and software for embedded systems design. You are able, possibly together with an electronics/PCBA designer, to make a well-founded hardware choice. It goes without saying that you will keep up with the developments in your field. You are able to work in a team, but you are also able to fulfil your function on your own.
Furthermore, you bring:
- a completed Bacheor or Master in the field of electronics or similar
- expert knowledge of – and experience with modelling samples (e.g. VHDL, Verilog, HLS)
- thorough knowledge of the specific development tools (e.g. Vivado, Quartus, Modelsim, Questasim, Mentor CDC)
- familiar with building simulation models / testbench for use with e.g. Modelsim or Questasim
- familiar with HW development tools (e.g. Spice, Matlab) Familiar with programming languages (e.g. C/C++/#, Java, Python)
- experience with quality techniques such as FMEA, MTBF
- good communication and writing skills in English
- A permanent contract for an indefinite period
- You will be supported and followed-up during your entire career at AKKA by your dedicated Business Manager
- Flexible working hours (in consultation)
- Working from home due to COVID-19 and afterwards working on client site in combination with home working (in consultation)
- Commute allowance
- Pension plan (fully paid by AKKA)
- Training and study options
- Growth opportunities (in the Netherlands and International)
- (Online) network/meetup options
- (Online) team activities
Are you ready to join AKKA? Apply now by clicking on the apply button! Want to make it more personal? Send your motivation to email@example.com.
Not ready to apply yet and want more information? Please contact our colleague in Talent Acquisition Michelle for more details. You can reach her by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +316 53 57 63 44.
Please note: because of travel restrictions due to COVID-19, we currently focus our recruitment on candidates who already live in Europe. Work permits are not an issue.
You may be interested in these openings
Optical Network Element Tester
OPERATIONS — ENGINEERING/PRODUCTION
Softwareentwickler C#.Net (m/w/d)
OPERATIONS — ENGINEERING/PRODUCTION