Operations — Engineering/production
Minimum level of education required
Minimum level of experience required
3 to 5 years
Share this opportunity
Electronics Engineering is booming so we keep on hiring new colleagues! As Hardware Designer you will work on various projects of our clients and you will be responsible for the development of embedded software and/or hardware according to specifications.
Who are we?
We are AKKA Technologies! A world leader in engineering consulting and R&D services; AKKA Technologies has been a loyal partner of the largest industry players in their digital transformation and throughout their product life cycle for over 30 years. Worldwide, our 21.000 experts accelerate innovation and time-to-market for products and services within the digital & industrial world.
Being an international company, you benefit from working with various nationalities, but you even have the chance to go abroad since AKKA is present in more than 20 countries worldwide and make use of our International Mobility Program.
Working as consultant also offers you the opportunity to discover new sectors and technologies. This reflects our 3 values: ambition, courage and respect. Do you have the courage and ambition to challenge yourself? Join AKKA and we will guide you with tools and training to blossom your career!
We are looking for a Hardware Designer for our clients in Smart Industry and Smart Mobility. For example, our clients offer custom made solutions for the complete product lifecycle of both electronic components and complete box-build electronic control systems.
As a Hardware Designer you will be part of the Design and Engineering group, within the Embedded Systems department. You will be (co-)responsible for the electronics part and the embedded software and/or hardware solutions that we develop and produce for and in consultation with our customers.
In this position you work in project teams together with colleagues from our other disciplines such as: System Architecture, Electromechanics and Mechanics.
Your tasks also include:
- (partly) design documents
- the development of embedded software and/or hardware according to specifications
- identifying and possibly implementing product (production) improvement proposals
- maintaining contacts with relevant suppliers
- being and remaining aware of these, development tools and working methods
- working with and according to (internal) coding standards
- participating in (multi-site) project teams
- assisting with the production of the developed products, especially the test tooling
- completion of assigned work in accordance with the planning
- work can be carried out on the client location as well as that of the customers
- maintaining contacts with customers
- having access to the most recent knowledge in our own field of expertise and updating this further where necessary in order to apply it adequately
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in this role, you should recognize yourself in below profile:
- First of all, you have good communication and social skills. You know how to maintain good contacts with your colleagues, suppliers and customers and you know what is going on with the various parties
- You have a broad interest and experience in the technology of both hardware and software for embedded systems design
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in electronics or similar
- You have experience with CE, EMC directive and UL standards
- You have experience with quality techniques such as FMEA, MTBF;
- You have knowledge of HW development tools (e.g. Spice, Matlab, Altium, DXdesigner)
- You have knowledge of SW development tools (e.g. IAR, Keil, Eclipse)
- You have knowledge of – and experience with programming languages, e.g. C/C++, Java, VB.net
- You have good communication and writing skills in English, Dutch is an advantage
- A permanent contract for an indefinite period
- You will be supported and followed-up during your entire career at AKKA by your dedicated Business Manager and HR Officer, following our Career Road Map
- Flexible working hours (in consultation)
- Combination of working on client site and home working
- Commute allowance
- Pension plan (fully paid by AKKA)
- Training and study options as part of the AKKA Knowledge HUB
- Growth opportunities (in the Netherlands and International)
- (Online) network/meetup options
- (Online) team activities
Are you ready to join AKKA? Apply now by clicking on the apply button! Want to make it more personal? Send your motivation to email@example.com.
Not ready to apply yet and want more information? Please contact our colleague in Talent Acquisition Stan for more details. You can reach him by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +316 82 63 85 99.
You may be interested in these openings
vehicle architecture design
OPERATIONS — ENGINEERING/PRODUCTION
Ingegnere Elettrico Junior
OPERATIONS — ENGINEERING/PRODUCTION