Project planning manager
Avenue Jules Bordet 168 1140 Bruxelles
Operations — Engineering/production
Minimum level of education required
Minimum level of experience required
1 to 3 years
Share this opportunity
Working in close collaboration with a Senior PrPM or a Sub-System Manager, owner of time management topic for his area, providing proper time management information to support decisions making to reach expected OTD performance of the project (tender, contract or program execution)
▪ Responsible to develop and maintain the project schedule (internal) for his area
▪ Manage efficiently planning deliverable issuance.
▪ Facilitate the synchronization of internal stakeholders
Main responsibilities :
▪ Analyse the schedule management requirements of the Senior PrPM for his area: schedule structure, reporting constraints…
▪ Define tender preparation schedule and monitor until the submission of the tender,
▪ Detail the tender schedule based on Reference Library templates, gap analysis, Metiers commitments, and PXO (Project Metiers organisation such as PIO / Project Industrial Organisation) tender strategy
▪ Highlight the critical path and risks linked to the project schedule for his area and propose the optimisation & mitigation actions,
▪ Contribute to the project strategy in compliance with the requirements defined by the Senior PrPM
▪ Deliver on time all schedule deliverables down to the requested level,
▪ Estimate the cost of Scheduling management effort.
In contract or program execution:
▪ Contribute to the Project Time Management Plan defined by the Senior PrPM.
▪ Build the project schedule for his area based on internal standard WBS, contractual targets and data provided by all stakeholders,
▪ Contribute with the Finance Project Manager to Earned Value Management
▪ Participate to the validation of the project baseline
▪ Ensure the consistency of all the internal and external Stakeholders commitments, and manages the schedules interfaces,
▪ Perform schedule analysis & trade-offs to close identified gaps or schedule issues
▪ Organise and lead periodic project schedule sessions for his area,
▪ Provide a timely updated schedule situation highlighting the gap between the actual and the baseline,
▪ Focus on early identification of potential delays (critical paths) including the status on risks and margin related to schedule
▪ Prepare schedule and progress reports,
▪ Provide support to sub-system manager on all issues related to sub-system project schedule,
▪ Apply the Project Scheduling Process,
▪ Promote time management practices awareness in the project team
▪ Contribute to the return of experience (REX) and improvements, share best practices, schedule templates.
Performance measurements in tenders:
▪ On-time delivery of all requested tender deliverables,
▪ On time delivery of schedule analysis for decisions by the Tender Team: critical paths for main milestones, planning risks, standard metrics measuring schedule robustness
▪ List of potential gaps between sub-system project schedule defined in tender and Platform Reference Library schedule
Main required competencies :
- Engineering degree
- Project management and industrial background
- Used to work with internal processes: Tenders, Projects, Engineering, Industrial, Sourcing, Supply Chain, Quality and their interfaces……
- Project scheduler experience is a plus. Project scheduling processes
Competencies & Skills :
Basic overall knowledge of railway products, and good knowledge of the Sub-System
▪ Agility to juggle with schedules simulations, various scenarios, and changing project goals.
▪ Rigorous, structured and sense of anticipation
▪ Good Communications and interpersonal skills, excellent team worker
▪ Conflict management and multi-tasking,
▪ Collaborative management
▪ Be able to challenge sub-system team and highly proactive in proposing solutions.
▪ Comfortable in an international and a multi-cultural environment.
You may be interested in these openings
Analista SAP – FI
OPERATIONS — ENGINEERING/PRODUCTION
Technicien Helpdesk Français/Espagnol H/F
OPERATIONS — ENGINEERING/PRODUCTION