Operations — Engineering/production
Minimum level of education required
Doctoral Degree (PhD)
Minimum level of experience required
3 to 5 years
Share this opportunity
Within Akkodis (previously named AKKA and Modis) we are looking for a scientist to do multiple small and big projects in our team working in the pharmaceutical industry.
Who are we? With more than 1.000 people working in Belgium and 50.000 worldwide we are the biggest consultancy company focusing on innovation within engineering projects in sectors like pharma, food, automotive, energy, aerospace, digital,... With our many trainings and strong follow-up we prepare our consultants to be true experts in their field.
As a Dissolution Scientist, the successful candidate will apply the latest scientific thinking in dissolution testing to help bringing new medication to patients worldwide. (S)he will join a team of enthusiastic researchers and develop into the role of scientific support design.
This includes the design, planning, follow up and coaching of dissolution work to help the development of the best possible dosage form for the patient. (S)he will also take an active part to biopharmaceutical assessment strategy towards predicting in vivo exposure, to the improvement of biorelevant methods and to the development of clinically relevant QC methods and specifications.
(S)he will participate to technical and strategical meetings with colleagues on in different sites around the world, and will represent the Dissolution Sciences team in cross-functional matrix environment including formulation development, pharmaceutical sciences, clinical pharmacology, quality assurance and regulatory.
(S)he will also be responsible for writing and review technical and scientific documents.
Finally, (s)he will stay at the forefront of the scientific and regulatory trends in Dissolution Sciences through literature and participation to conferences and workshops and apply new knowledge to optimize the current working practices and introduce the latest innovations in dissolution sciences in terms of in vitro technology and in silico tools.
- PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biopharmaceutics, Chemistry or related.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical sciences relevant to the development of small molecule formulations, analytical chemistry, compliance and GMP.
- Experience with dissolution testing (QC and/or biorelevant) and dissolution method development is a plus.
- Fast learner with scientific curiosity, self-steering, pro-active, creative.
- Open-minded, with ability to work together as one team in a global environment.
- Good presentation skills in scientific meetings.
- Good written and spoken communication in English. Knowledge of Dutch or willing to learn the basics
- A permanent contract (freelance is an option)
- Doing multiple big innovation projects at many great companies and industries = a lot of variety!
- A strong follow-up during your projects by your Business Manager and HR Business Partner, focusing on career development and trainings.
- Flexible working-hours and working-from-home possibilities (depending on projects)
- Company car and fuel card
- Many trainings, e.g. PMI, lean six sigma, software tools, time management,...
- Many fun activities: sport events, networking events, parties, board game evenings,...
You may be interested in these openings
Industrial Designer Junior – Intern
OPERATIONS — ENGINEERING/PRODUCTION
Torino o Milano
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (m/w/d)
OPERATIONS — ENGINEERING/PRODUCTION
Sindelfingen oder Mannheim oder München oder Ulm oder Gaimersheim oder Magdeburg oder Leipzig oder Wolfsburg oder Remote