Operations — Engineering/production
Minimum level of education required
Minimum level of experience required
5 to 10 years
Share this opportunity
Do you have a passion for software engineering, with experience in software development for real-time operating systems like VxWorks? As Senior Software Engineer you will not only work on design and code, you will also coach juniors to upgrade their skills, working in a multidisciplinary team? Apply today and join AKKA!
Who are we?
AKKA Netherlands is the Dutch subsidiary of the AKKA Technologies Group, an international engineering consultancy company founded in France in 1984 with more than 22 000 employees worldwide. In the Netherlands, our focus is on the Digital, High-Tech, Transport and Energy sectors.
At AKKA, we are driven by innovation and are passionate about technology. Like the two owners of the company, Mauro and Jean-Franck Ricci, both engineers, entrepreneurship is in our blood. We stay at the forefront of the digital and engineering world, and because of our expertise in various fields, we always keep innovating by hiring the most talented engineers.
AKKA Netherlands offers you the tools, like trainings and workshops, to develop yourself and make your career blossom. Part of our career road map is not only your technical project, you can also become part of our Knowledge Hub or get a Corporate role as Technical Assessor, Mentor or Ambassador.
You will work on a project of one of our clients in the High Tech sector. Our client is responsible for the development, specification, design and engineering of high tech/precision modules, professional products and capital intensive equipment. The department consists of a number of competence groups, such as Mechanics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Software, Technology and Project management. In multi-disciplinary project teams they specify, design, develop and qualify the professional products for their customers. Our client sources, produces and supplies the qualified products to their customers.
As a Senior Engineer you are the driving force and responsible for coaching of junior colleagues, realization of the architecture in design, implementation, test and integration and maintenance of software for complex modules and machines.
You work with a code base of C, C++, Python or C#. This code base is under strict configuration management in order to deliver in a reliable way for multiple systems and multiple users.
You cooperate closely with colleagues from other disciplines and strategic customers (mechanics, mechatronics, electronics, equipment engineering) in a multidisciplinary team. The software team works in an agile fashion in scrum teams.
You see it as a challenge to take up new things and explore new tools and techniques.
Do you have what it takes?
If you recognize yourself in below profile, we look forward to receiving your application:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or comparable
- 6 years of relevant experience in an equivalent environment
- Large experience with high tech complex machine control
- Experience in coaching and leading smaller software teams
- Experience with independently designing and delivering software modules
- Experience with Agile software development
- Large experience with Real Time Operating systems
- Experience with industrial bus systems
- Knowledge of Design Patterns
- Knowledge of C / C++ / C# / Python
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Configuration Management
- Experience with Model Driven Design is a pre
- Good command of the English language, spoken and written
- A permanent contract for an indefinite period
- You will be supported and followed-up during your entire career at AKKA by your dedicated Business Manager
- Flexible working hours (in consultation)
- Working from home due to COVID-19 and afterwards working on client site in combination with home working (in consultation)
- Commute allowance
- Pension plan (fully paid by AKKA)
- Training and study options
- Growth opportunities (in the Netherlands and International)
- (Online) network/meetup options
- (Online) team activities
Are you ready to join AKKA? Apply now by clicking on the apply button! Want to make it more personal? Send your motivation to email@example.com.
Not ready to apply yet and want more information? Please contact our colleague in Talent Acquisition Michelle for more details. You can reach her by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +316 53 57 63 44.
Please note: because of travel restrictions due to COVID-19, we currently focus our recruitment on candidates who already live in Europe. Work permits are not an issue.
You may be interested in these openings
Entwicklungsingenieur Konstruktion (m/w/d)
OPERATIONS — ENGINEERING/PRODUCTION
München, Neu-Ulm oder Friedrichshafen
Ingénieur CEM – Equipementiers auto H/F
OPERATIONS — ENGINEERING/PRODUCTION