Senior Network Protocol Engineer
Operations — Engineering/production
Minimum level of education required
Minimum level of experience required
5 to 10 years
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Share this opportunity
Build your brand. Tell your story. Take advantage of a rare opportunity to start from the ground up and build something great. We are looking for technology game changers to lead Stellantis into a fundamental transformation within the automotive industry. Technology is going to disrupt the automotive industry significantly in the next decade and our organization is seeking high potential candidates to transform the company with a focus on the customer experience. Stellantis’s Software Organization (SWX) was created to build the most captivating experiences in the latest frontier of Automotive Technology.
As a Network Protocol Engineer at SWx, you will be responsible for defining the in-vehicle network infrastructure that will enable the new Centralized and Service Oriented End-to-End EE Architecture. This role will provide in-vehicle Network requirements for the development of the new platform that will cover almost 80% of the Stellantis 14 Brands portfolio. Along with the team you will work, you will drive key decisions on Ethernet backbone definition, distributed network communication protocols definition. The key deliverable is to launch a world leading hardware platform product that exceeds all current and future technology challenges in the drive to achieve a truly software defined Vehicle.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer with a background in advanced in-vehicle Network Communication protocols to deliver state-of-the-art EE platforms that will enable the Stellantis SW Strategy, optimize solutions, and allow Hardware evolution decoupled from Software with an Agile approach.
- Define and own in-vehicle Network requirements and guidelines for implementation in electrical and electronics units on the new Stellantis platform.
- Provide requirements to develop HW & low-level layers of SW based on a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Release, Maintain and Update Ethernet, CAN and LIN communication guidelines.
- Perform and assure network quality KPIs achievement: bus loading and timing analysis.
- Execute Technical and Design Review with Tier1/2 and internal stakeholders to ensure that the component/system design is compliant with Stellantis guidelines.
- Develop, maintain and update the technical specifications and the design rules related to the in-vehicle networking features.
- Facilitate research, design, development, and engineering skill development for the team.
- Relentlessly drive to early life cycle delivery through an agile approach.
- Develop a culture of collaboration, diversity and inclusion.
- Willing to take action and drive results.
- industry experience in EE Architecture design or Electrical Engineering architecture roles.
- Bachelor in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in defining and designing large complex embedded networked computer systems including definition of system topologies, components, and interfaces.
- Demonstrated experience in Network Communication Design: CAN, CAN-FD and LIN in-vehicle protocols.
- Experience implementing Automotive Ethernet based communication protocols: Audio Video Bridging (AVB); Time Sensitive Networking (TSN); Service Oriented approach (SOME/IP); TCP/UDP; MQTT.
- Good knowledge on off-board communication protocols (WiFi, 4G/5G, V2X connectivity).
- Proven success in building game-changing products in the automotive industry.
- Management experience in ideating and creating intellectual property.
- Experience to establish a professional network within the ecosystem of automotive suppliers, and technology companies such as: Computer system technology companies; International Standard Committees (ISO, IEEE), Semiconductor vendors; Start-up companies.
- Fluency in English is required, any other European language is an advantage.
- Master or PHD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering.
- Designed EE platforms or components for Service Oriented Architectures (SOA).
- Track record experience with the design and requirements of the following complex automotive domains: ADAS/AD; Body; Cockpit; Connectivity, Powertrain and Power Distribution.
- Experience using networking tools such as CANalyzer, CANoe, PREEvision.
- AUTOSAR process/tools know-how and application experience.
- experience in EE Systems or EE Architecture R&D.
- Exhibits excellent, clear, and detail-oriented written and verbal communications on highly complex topics.
- Strong systems thinker.
- Stellantis EE Architecture roadmap.
You may be interested in these openings
Chargé de Validation des Systèmes Informatisés (VSI) / Pharma H/F
OPERATIONS — ENGINEERING/PRODUCTION
Hardware Engineer – CATEGORIE PROTETTE
OPERATIONS — ENGINEERING/PRODUCTION