Kennziffer der Stelle
Operations — Engineering
Master / Diplom
10 Jahre und mehr
Vaud, Schweiz, Lausanne
Contract: Permanent with our client
Starting date: June 2021
Languages: English fluent, French is a plus
Our client is recruiting an experienced telecom satellite system engineer to join its development and customer program execution efforts on telecom satellites and advanced payloads.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Lead telecom satellite spacecraft systems engineering activity, working within the SWISSto12 satellite program team and with external partners and suppliers.
Ensure the system is fit for its intended purpose and analyze technical trade-offs
Manage spacecraft systems requirement flow-down and verification.
Manage spacecraft platform subsystem interfaces (power, telemetry and telecommand, command and data handling, attitude control, thermal, propulsion, etc).
Performs system analyses, trades, design, and development tasks.
Develop relationships with platform and spacecraft subsystem suppliers and partners. Work with them to Design, Manufacture, Assemble, Integrate and Test such subsystems. Define and prepare SoWs and specifications, work alongside program management team to monitor execution of activities, contribute to problem solving, ensure successful delivery of these activities.
Support systems aspects of telecom satellite proposals.
Collaborate with technical staff, program managers and executive management to develop and implement current and long-term technical, schedule, quality, business and financial objectives relevant to the satellite program efforts.
Be exposed to responsibility for decisions that have an extended impact.
Ensure technical leadership and excellence is maintained by mentoring younger engineers, and directing and participating in the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of the required talent.
Occasionally, you will be asked to participate in overall tasks and services inherent to a dynamic fast-growing company.
- Customer focused, must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment.
- Masters or PhD degree in Electrical or Mechanical or Systems Engineering or Physics or equivalent and at least 10 years of relevant experience working with incrementally complex telecom satellite systems.
- Demonstrates extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice as well as comprehensive project management and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordination to meet established milestones.
- Must possess the ability to resolve complex technical problems and complex management of technical activities.
- Experience with managing customer and supplier interfaces
- Real-world experience with system architecture, requirements definition, flow down, tracking and performing system-level analyses in support of trade studies.
- Extensive experience with satellite system and missions. Understanding of principles for spacecraft design, manufacture, assembly, integration, test and operation.
- Ability to “think outside of the box” and thrive in an often-ambiguous trade-space
- Demonstrated ability to write clear technical documentation of high quality
- Autonomous and proactive working style with excellent working organization and ethics
- Communicating effectively, excellent relational skills and ability to work in a team with different professional and cultural backgrounds
- Basic proficiency with CAD software
- Experience with various relevant system modelling and analysis tools
- Language: Fluent English is a prerequisite, skills in French are a plus
- Experience with spacecraft software and database and command and telemetry protocols is an optional plus
- Knowledge of the ISO 9001 and EN/AS 9100 norms as well as with preventive and curative quality tools (8D, Ishikawa, FMEA, risk analysis,…) is a plus.
For more information, please contact me at email@example.com
Diese Stellen könnten Sie interessieren
Quality Control Engineer Pharmaceutical
OPERATIONS — Engineering
Avenue Jules Bordet 168 1140 Bruxelles
Software Development HVAC – Automotive
OPERATIONS — Engineering