Operations — Engineering/production
3 à 5 ans
South East, Royaume-Uni
Who we are
We are a globally operating engineering and technology consulting group at the forefront of the digital and connected world.
AKKA’s passion for technology is embedded deep in its DNA and is guided by a clear vision for the future. For 30 years, we have established ourselves as one of the global leaders in our field through a well-balanced strategy combining organic growth with targeted acquisitions.
With more than 22,000 employees in centres of excellence around the world, AKKA employs a multi-sector approach with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of performance, our employees give their all to help our clients create tomorrow’s innovations. It is our aim for every AKKA employee, from trainee to Expert, to develop in ambition and expertise. We offer dedicated training, mentoring and support to help our employees grow their careers in the direction they want.
Working for a consultancy
The world of consultancy offers an amazing opportunity to not be restricted to just one industry. Your job role and skills will give you the chance to broaden your horizons. You could complete an Aerospace project then move onto a Defence project next or use your knowledge across our Rail division whilst supporting our Pharmaceutical team. Whether it’s leading meetings with our customers outlining solutions for their problems that you and AKKA can solve to discovering new clients and opportunities, we aim to offer a diverse working experience and career that fits around you.
AKKA have an immediate opportunity to join our consultancy and work within our Rail division. Whereby you will join one of many growing and innovative agile driven projects with an international reach as a Software Engineer.
What you will need
- Strong understanding and experience of C#, .Net Core & ASP .Net Core
- Good understanding and experience of Entity Framework Core
- Strong knowledge of cloud technologies (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS) and how to use them as part of a solution. Experience in Azure is preferred but not necessary
- Good knowledge and practical experience of building cloud-native applications
- Strong understanding of common integration patterns (i.e. Broadcast, Publish-Subscribe etc.) including patterns used in cloud solutions
- Experience of different development approaches e.g. BDD and TDD.
- Passionate about code quality and minimising technical debt. Some experience in working with static code analysis. e.g. SonarQube
- Good knowledge of cloud resource management. Experience with Azure Resource Management is preferred.
- Good knowledge of distributed Source Control i.e. Git or other.
- Good knowledge of CI/CD practices and tools i.e. Azure DevOps
What you will be doing
- Collaboratively develop software in line with the team charter & development practises
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the team’s development practises
- Participate with; designing, refining and estimating new features.
- Provide in office-hour support for live systems
- Ensure a good visibility of work in maintained for the benefit of other team members and the product owner
- Be an active contributor in all agile ceremonies
- Provide technical support for other business critical activities e.g. supporting bids and sales efforts
- Keep an emphasis on building and maintaining; scalable, reliable and secure software
Vous êtes peut-être intéressés par ces offres
International Lead Buyer (M/F)
OPERATIONS — ENGINEERING/PRODUCTION