Operations — Engineering/production
Minimum level of education required
Minimum level of experience required
5 to 10 years
Share this opportunity
Do you want to combine your technical background in Electronics with your communication and management skills? Apply today for the role of System Architect!
Who are we?
AKKA Netherlands is the Dutch subsidiary of the AKKA Technologies Group, an international engineering consultancy company founded in France in 1984 with more than 22 000 employees worldwide. In the Netherlands, our focus is on the Digital, High-Tech, Transport and Energy sectors.
At AKKA, we are driven by innovation and are passionate about technology. Like the two owners of the company, Maurice and Jean-Franck Ricci, both engineers, entrepreneurship is in our blood. We stay at the forefront of the digital and engineering world, and because of our expertise in various fields, we always keep innovating by hiring the most talented engineers.
Working as consultant also offers you the opportunity to discover new sectors and technologies. This reflects our 3 values: ambition, courage and respect. Do you have the courage and ambition to challenge yourself? Join AKKA and we will guide you with tools and training to blossom your career!
We are looking for a System Architect for one of our clients specialised in the Electronics Manufacturing Services industry. Our client offers custom made solutions for the complete product lifecycle of both electronic components and complete box-build electronic control systems.
As a System Architect you will be part of the Design and Engineering group within the Embedded Systems department. Together with your colleagues, you will be responsible for the electronics part of the solutions that we develop and produce for and in consultation with our customers. In your position you fulfill an intermediary role between the customer and the department and frequent customer contact is a must.
By asking the right questions you will get the customer's wishes to the surface so that we can offer a solution that meets the customer's needs as much as possible. From your professional adult role you are able to manage a number of juniors in addition to your own work and teach them the tricks of the trade.
Your tasks also include:
- drawing up specifications together with the customer
- carrying out or supervising feasibility studies
- identifying and drawing up product (production) improvement proposals
- maintaining contacts with relevant suppliers
- being and remaining aware of available (production) technology
- supervising the design, implementation, testing and documentation of any particular development project
- participating in the project team, e.g. in reviews and consultation with the customer
- providing support in drawing up plans and carrying out work in accordance with these plans
Do you recognize yourself in below profile? We would love to receive your application!
- First of all, you have good communication and social skills. You know how to maintain good contacts with your customer, colleagues and suppliers and you know what is going on with the various parties. In order to get things clear, you are able to listen carefully and ask questions so that you have the right information at your disposal.
- You have a broad interest in the technology of both hardware and software aspects in the context of embedded systems design
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in electronics or similar
- You have 5 to 10 years of work experience in a relevant position as, for example, electronics designer or engineer
- If you also have management experience, it is definitely an advantage
- You have Experience with CE, EMC directive and UL standards
- You have experience with quality techniques such as FMEA, MTBF
- You have knowledge of development tools (e.g. Spice, Matlab, Altium, DXdesigner)
- You have knowledge of components and PCBA production techniques
- You have knowledge of - and experience with analogue circuits
- You are fluent in English, Dutch is a pre
- A permanent contract for an indefinite period
- You will be supported and followed-up during your entire career at AKKA by your dedicated Business Manager
- Flexible working hours (in consultation)
- Working from home (in consultation)
- Commute allowance
- Pension plan (fully paid by AKKA)
- Training and study options
- Growth opportunities (in the Netherlands and International)
- Network/meetup options
- Team dinners, drinks, parties
Are you ready to join AKKA? Apply now by clicking on the apply button! Want to make it more personal? Send your motivation to email@example.com.
Not ready to apply yet and want more information? Please contact our colleague in Talent Acquisition Michelle for more details. You can reach her by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +316 53 57 63 44.
Please note: because of travel restrictions due to COVID-19, we currently focus our recruitment on candidates who already live in Europe. Work permits are not an issue (except for defense related projects).
You may be interested in these openings
ADAS System and Test Engineer
OPERATIONS — ENGINEERING/PRODUCTION
Ingegnere di Processo – Oleochemistry/Vegetable Oil Area
OPERATIONS — ENGINEERING/PRODUCTION