Operations — Engineering/production
Minimum level of education required
Aeronautics & Space
Minimum level of experience required
3 to 5 years
Share this opportunity
Since our project portfolio is growing, we are looking for System Engineers to join the AKKA family in the East of the Netherlands! As System Engineer you work in an international multidisciplinary team on the design, development and validation of a command & control system in the defence sector.
Who are we?
We are AKKA Technologies! A world leader in engineering consulting and R&D services; AKKA Technologies has been a loyal partner of the largest industry players in their digital transformation and throughout their product life cycle for over 30 years. Worldwide, our 21.000 experts accelerate innovation and time-to-market for products and services within the digital & industrial world.
Our values? Respect, courage and ambition. These motivate us every day to take on the innovation challenges of the future. Our strength? Our position as a global leader in combination with our proximity and personal approach!
You will work on a project of one of our clients in the defence sector. As part of the Solution Engineering Group you will work on all system engineering activities for the realization of a command & control system.
As System Engineer you work in an international multidisciplinary team on the design, development and validation of a command & control system. Your team consists of representatives of the customer, suppliers of subsystems and other parties involved. In the team you are responsible for the technical design. Activities include amongst others:
- Discuss operational needs together with the customer
- Design the architecture of the command & control system
- Define the functional behaviour of the system
- Define interfaces between the Thales command & control system and 3rd party subsystems
- Manage technical issues of subcontracts during the development of the Mission Solution
- Demonstrate the solution to the customer
When you join this project you will have a varied working week. One moment you discuss your solution with the customer, the other moment you spend time defining the interaction between the command & control system and other systems. You frequently meet with your team to learn from each other and to discuss progress.
Do you recognize yourself in below profile? We would love to receive your application:
- Degree in electrical engineering, computer science, aerospace engineering or similar field
- Generalist, with a broad interest in technology
- Communication skills and able to work in multidisciplinary teams
- High level of creativity, initiative, pragmatism and persuasiveness
- 2-5 years experience in system engineering
- Affinity with project management
- Fluency in spoken and written English , Dutch is a pre
- Flexibility with respect to travelling abroad and being part of an international environment
- A permanent contract for an indefinite period
- You will be supported and followed-up during your entire career at AKKA by your dedicated Business Manager and HR Officer, following our Career Road Map
- Flexible working hours (in consultation)
- Combination of working on client site and home working
- Commute allowance or company car
- Pension plan (fully paid by AKKA)
- Training and study options as part of the AKKA Knowledge HUB
- Growth opportunities (in the Netherlands and International)
- (Online) network/meetup options
- (Online) team activities
Are you ready to join AKKA? Apply now by clicking on the apply button! Want to make it more personal? Send your motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not ready to apply yet and want more information? Please contact our colleague in Talent Acquisition Michelle for more details. You can reach her by sending an email to email@example.com or call +316 53 57 63 44.
Please note: because this is a project for the defence sector, only EU nationals are eligible to apply.
You may be interested in these openings
Architecte Mobile – Secteur Digital M/F
OPERATIONS — ENGINEERING/PRODUCTION
Ingénieur Développement JAVA/J2EE – Annecy – H/F
OPERATIONS — ENGINEERING/PRODUCTION