Kennziffer der Stelle
Operations — Engineering
3 bis 5 Jahre
Who we are
We are a globally operating engineering and technology consulting group at the forefront of the digital and connected world.
AKKA’s passion for technology is embedded deep in its DNA and is guided by a clear vision for the future. For 30 years, we have established ourselves as one of the global leaders in our field through a well-balanced strategy combining organic growth with targeted acquisitions.
With more than 22,000 employees in centres of excellence around the world, AKKA employs a multi-sector approach with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of performance, our employees give their all to help our clients create tomorrow’s innovations. It is our aim for every AKKA employee, from trainee to Expert, to develop in ambition and expertise. We offer dedicated training, mentoring and support to help our employees grow their careers in the direction they want.
Working for a consultancy
The world of consultancy offers an amazing opportunity to not be restricted to just one industry. Your job role and skills will give you the chance to broaden your horizons. You could complete an Aerospace project then move onto a Defence project next or use your knowledge across our Rail division whilst supporting our Pharmaceutical team. Whether it’s leading meetings with our customers outlining solutions for their problems that you and AKKA can solve to discovering new clients and opportunities, we aim to offer a diverse working experience and career that fits around you.
This is a great opportunity, whether you are starting your career or looking for a new challenge, to develop a career within the Aerospace industry. Joining our existing project teams working and supporting our customers with System Engineering requirements. You will work with a consultative approach while building strong relationships with our customers as a team, communicating with stakeholders at a variety of seniority levels and provide a high standard of System Engineering.
All our consultants are adaptable and open to work across multiple sectors while being part of the team here at AKKA.
All roles within Systems Engineering are currently remote working, and this will be for the foreseeable. However, we ask that you are either commuting distance from South-West or open to relocation.
What you will need
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering or similar scientific based qualification
- Full V-cycle development (from feasibility study until certification)
- Wheel, tyres and brakes in aerospace
- Experienced using DOORS
- Ability to work autonomously and use initiative
- Strong communication skills to build effective relationships with both customers & AKKA teams
- Ability to build an environment of trust with customers and peers
- Adopt entrepreneurial behaviours to fuel future growth in an evolving market
- Excellent team spirit
- Excellent English speaking and writing
- Rigorous and very well organised
Desired Technical Skills:
- Any knowledge of the following aerospace standards: ARP4754, ARP4761 DO160, DO178, DO254, AFDX, ARINC 429
What you will be doing
- Full requirements management (creation, update, validation, verification), including suppliers’ integration and DOORS experience.
- Write System Design Modification Plan (or equivalent V&V plan, configuration plan…), and other required documents, and take in account the suppliers.
Full management of the project on AKKA and customer sides, with support from the Project Manager (PM) and the Technical Manager (TM):
- Internal weekly AKKA report to PM and TM,
- AKKA team management (on-boarding new team members, training, follow-up…),
- Weekly customer reporting,
- Scoping of activities,
- Equipment supplier management,
- Stakeholders management (including technical discussions),
- Business development on your project(s).
Support the certification by:
- Performing the integration testing (Lab Test reports, defects management, test bench debugging…),
- Write the certification documents (V&V matrices, System Configuration Index Document, Defects report, System Modification/Design Accomplishment Summary), in accordance with authorities’ requirements and suppliers’ constraints.